Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Chruch vs. Religion

Philip Larkin's poem titled "Church Going" really made me think about how people practice their religion.  I feel that the narrator of the poem whether it is Larkin or not believes that religion can be practiced outside of the church.  In our society, that is the American Society, it is quite common for people to believe that you can only be religious if you attend church.  Our society puts the image of the church on a pedestal and in some instances believes that church is religion.  This, however, is not the case, you can be a very religious person and practice your beliefs without ever setting foot in a church.  I am not a "church goer" but I do find myself to be a righteous man.  I think it is practical to practice your religion, especially if you are a Christian, outside of a church and in nature.  After all The Lord created nature and everything in it, including man. He did not create churches,  so I believe that it is more practical to practice my faith in the environment that my Lord created not an environment that man created.

No comments:

Post a Comment